Monday, July 9, 2007

What does this mean exactly?

Fittingly enough, or ironically enough, I'm wearing a good deal of black today. But will it be appropriate for the funeral for the "n-word"? Because today, in Detroit, the NAACP will be holding a funeral for the N-word in conjunction with it's national convention.

I get the symbolism, I do. It's just...well...is it a waste of time? What will this do? Will rappers stop calling women bitches and hoes? Will it make one racist stop and think about their words or actions? Will it do anything at all?

Color me skeptical.

1 Comment:

MarilynJean said...

How about the NAACP do something for real, fo real. Like cut the games and get Black people to address our own self-loath, obsession with money, sexism, homophobia, colorism, etc.

Dem niggas at the NAACP need to cut the games. I am going to the funeral for Games Playing. It lived a long life, but it will not be missed. Amen.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online