Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend of Grammatical Errors

So apparently my karmic luck is to be put in front of multiple grammatical errors in one weekend. It's like a mini-hell-on-earth. Add that to the fact that the reason I saw one of them was because my car broke down in SL and you have one irritated camper.

Here's the first one, from the SL Car Wash Rent-A-Sign:

Ho Ho Ho,
They're almost hear.
Call Scaparre Today.
248-###-####
I didn't refuse to put in the number...I'm just too lazy to look it up.

Then my horoscope for Saturday read as follows:

A group with which you're affiliated with, could ask you to take care of a few tasks for them. This might involve making phone calls or running errands, or both. Your energy and enthusiasm are high, Kimberly, so this is a good day to proof how valuable your work is and how efficient you are. Make sure that you don't take on too much, however. You won't be helping anyone if you tire yourself out.
PROOF. I'm going to proof how valuable I am. PROOF.

People really need to get a grip on grammar. I should make a shirt that says that. And a companion book with helpful hints.

1 Comment:

MarilynJean said...

You may also love this site dedicated to quotation mark abuse.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/quoteabuse/

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online