Monday, May 5, 2008

Pour a Forty: Eight Belles

For some odd reason I actually watched the Kentucky Derby this year. (It was on at someone's house that I was at.) And of course, the one year I watch it is the year they have to put a horse down. All weekend I was thinking about poor Eight Belles, who made it valiantly through the race to finish second and yet ended up breaking both front ankles and having to be euthanized on the track. She was a rare sight in the Derby as she was a "filly"--a young female horse too young to be called a "mare".

Of course, PETA has reared it's ugly head on this one and I can't say the reaction is unjustified. (But I really don't trust nor respect PETA so we'll leave it at that.)

Nevertheless, run among the green fields of horse heaven, Eight Belles. We'll pour a forty for ya.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online