Friday, May 23, 2008

See this. Now.


If you have HBO you can watch this Sunday at 9. If you don't have HBO, you need to suck up to someone that does.

I was lucky enough to get a free pass to an early screening this week. Now granted, the joy of movie-theatre popcorn is not to be underestimated, but I was very taken by this movie (in a good way). It accurately and emotionally (but without pandering) explained and described the post-2000 election events up to the Supreme Court's disasterous, wrong and unprecedented decision in Bush v. Gore. It's kind of an insider's view of the process they went through, the legal battles, etc.

Here's how I know the movie is good: I understood everything that went on back then more clearly than ever. Not only that, but I got so caught up in the movie that I forgot that I (sadly) knew the outcome.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online