Friday, June 6, 2008

Much Ado About a Fistbump

I didn't even notice it. I probably am not alone in that sentiment. I have a feeling this is one of those things worked up by pundits to make fodder and keep them employed. When Obama clinched the nomination Tuesday night and came out to make his speech and he touched fists with his wife, Michelle, apparently new barriers were broken down. White people have just now been introduced to the bump.

This is interesting to me considering Mr. SG and I bump fists all the time. Maybe we're more in-tune with people of color than we once thought. Who knew?

I am hip.

For once in my life, I am hip. I'm at the cutting edge. All because I do something I saw on TV or in a movie years ago.

Damn. If I'd have known this sooner...

Or maybe it's just a youth thing and is over-analyzed. I think it's the latter, but I'll pretend to be hip anyhow.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online