Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Why Am I Stuck in The Dark?

As you may know, Southeast Michigan had a round of storms Sunday and Monday that knocked out more power than seems reasonable. I mean, sure they were rather powerful, but only like for a minute. The amount of time that it is taking to get power restored is idiotic. I live in an inner-ring suburb--I should have modern amenities like electricity.

It may be the weekend before we see relief
.

To that I say: You owe me BIG TIME, DTE. BIG time.

I guess I should be thankful. I'm not in a complete blackout. Just a far-reaching brown out. There are two plugs in my home that work. In one is a lamp and a fan in the bedroom. In another is the fridge (but not nearly at full capacity, probably spoiling the food anyhow.

I called Monday, they said it'd be Thursday. Today they say Friday. Now the Freep says this weekend.

I'm about ready to put up shop at a hotel with the cats.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online