Monday, July 14, 2008

Nothing's Sacred


This Bud's for you.

I know it's a business deal and it doesn't signal Armageddon or even a great plague, but there's something completely unholy about Budweiser being owned by Belgians that just sends shivers down my spine. What's next? Ford cars being made in Mexico. Oh yeah...

It's just sad that a symbol that marked so many of my childhood occasions (no I didn't drink when I was a child, but my family members did and there's something about the Budweiser logo that takes me back) has been bought out by a foreign investor. There's something so "coming of age" to it all. Some lesson about not being able to take it with you or learning to leave the past behind could be derived from this, but I'd rather just be a bit melancholy for a moment and then move on.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online