Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pour a Forty: Estelle Getty


I didn't write about this yesterday for two reasons: (1) I didn't know what to say, and (2) I was insanely busy. But I'd be remiss if I didn't Pour A Forty on TOBYCB for Estelle Getty.

Estelle was an insanely funny actress that most people know as Sophia from the Golden Girls. (Of course Brother Grace remembers her from Stop or My Mom Will Shoot more prominently.) Her comic timing was second to none. The stuff she and Bea Arthur did as mother and daughter was nothing short of brilliant.

Estelle has been struggling with dementia for years now
--a disease that is close to my heart as my Nana also suffered from it. I know how it can affect a family and an individual and it's sad to see anyone in that situation. In fact, Sophia's dry humor often reminded me of my Nana.

She'll be sorely missed. Have a safe trip to the other side, Estelle.

Pour a forty...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online