Friday, August 29, 2008

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (McCain)

I'd like to think you picked a woman because she was the most qualified candidate.

I know better. Sara Palin may be a smart woman and an energetic leader, but those were not your reasons.

You're stealing those sour grapes Hillary supporters. And within 24 hours of such a historic event. I'm a woman and I'm peeved.

You don't fool me, Mr. McCain. And this time, when you explain why you didn't vote for equal pay, you can tell people it's because you wanted to pay your VP less.

2 Comments:

The Lazy Housewife said...

I don't really think this is a bad thing. Obama picked a candidate because people keep saying he doesn't have enough experience. Biden has plenty of experience. I'm sure some political statician guy said, "Hey Obama, you're weak in these areas, and these VPs will make you stronger." The same thing happened with McCain. Not that it compels me to vote for McCain, but ALL politicians have to be strategic. And I do think it would be a GOOD thing to have a woman in the white house. This is, after all, politics.

Anonymous said...

I'd say this was a case of cynical, desperate strategizing that backfired. He seemed to be operating on the basis of a) a woman, any woman, and b) a right wing evangelical Christian, any right wing evangelica Christian--to tempt disgruntled Hilary supporters and shore up a significant part of his base. The trouble was that these seem to be the only significant points in her favor.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online