Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is this what it felt like in December 1929?

I just ask because every day there's another reason to doubt the stability of our economic system. Today's lovely news--the Dow has closed below 9000 after dropping 600 points in a half an hour at the end of trading.

I'm not kidding. I am not making this up.

I often wonder what people though about in the days and weeks leading up to a major catastrophe. Like what did we think on September 10, 2001? What were our main issues. I'm now wondering what we were thinking September 14, 2008, because it seems since September 15th, we've been nothing but screwed.

I'm not the only one who questions whether this is another Great Depression.

There used to be one Great War. People called it that because it was the biggest war of its time and the world would never see the likes of it again. Then World War II happened. Are we on the verge of World Depression 2?

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online