Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is This True? Can I Get A Confirmation? Will Eric Holder Be The First Black AG?


Has Obama really selected his Attorney General? And is it really the first Black AG? Can I break out the bubbly yet?

Eric Holder, the man in question, is a partner at Covington & Burling LLP and was a Deputy AG in the Clinton administration. He's been a senior adviser to Obama during his campaign and now during the transition period.

What would Holder's nomination and selection mean for the U.S. and an Obama administration? Is he the best candidate for the job? Will he be able to pick up the pieces of the Constitution that Bush/Cheney et al left around the country and re-establish the rule of law?

I'm sure we'll be seeing more to come in the next hours and days. Let's hope this was a good choice. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I am willing to be proven wrong.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online