Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Busy as a Beaver

I've had a very busy past two days. I've been sworn in to the State Bar of Michigan. I had an interview this morning. And most importantly, I finally sent in my health insurance premium. Sending in my premium always makes me wonder why we are the only civilized country without a national health care plan. I mean, can a hoe get a doctor's visit up in here.

Here are two sites regarding national health care. Check them out:
Physicians for a National Program
HealthCare-Now!

It's just amazing. I remember talking to my French host family FIVE years ago about this issue. They paid (at the time) $20 for a doctor's visit, $18 of which was covered by the government. And there was a big issue at the time because they wanted to raise the price of a visit to $22. I wish doctor's visits were $22 here. And don't even get me started on prescriptions.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online