Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lines Have Gotta Be Drawn

A British teacher who teaches in Sudan was sentenced to 15 days in jail and deportation today.

Why? You ask.

Because she allowed her students to name the class teddy bear Mohammed.

I'm not even kidding. Now I'm all for religious tolerance and all, but I really don't get this. The reason she was convicted was because they said she was inciting religious hatred.

Um...yeah. Because teddy bears are so offensive. Come on. Cut the games. Honestly.

I'm going to get me a teddy bear and name him Jesus. Why? Because I can in my religion.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

And now the Sudanese are clamoring for this woman's death. I fail to see how executing someone for commiting a cultural faux-pas helps *anyone*. Do you think that Mohammad is sitting in heaven somewhere, shaking his head? ('cause I do!)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online