Monday, August 25, 2008

Eat 'em up Joe: Picking Joe Biden

I have to say, I was a bit dissapointed in the delivery. I woke up with a stomach ache early Saturday morning only to find my anticipated text burried in the middle of the night--Obama has chosen Joe Biden to be his running mate. I understand that there was a news leak, but damn it, Barack. I was waiting all week like a kid on Christmas Eve and you stomped on my excitement by dropping a silent but deadly in the middle of the night.

I was less than thrilled originally about the prospect of an Obama-Biden ticket. I knew he was going to pick a white dude. That much was sure. But I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

Then I started reading about Biden. I started reading about how he lost his first wife. I started reading about his middle class roots. I started reading about labor's reaction to Biden. I started reading about his foreign policy cred. I started reading about his fight to overcome an anyeurism.

Basically, I read that this guy is alright in my book.

Then something happened that sealed the deal. Dad Grace--my white guy barometer--said how excited he was that Biden was the VP nominee. I realized then that Biden was a good choice. Obama's right--this does give him street cred.

And with that, I welcome Joe Biden to my little world of politics. I knew him before (and enjoyed his jabs early in the Democratic Primary debates). But now I feel like I know Joe better than ever. I hope to like him more as time goes on.

Eat 'em up, Joe!

2 Comments:

BillyWarhol said...

I'm Glad yer on the Barack Obama + Joe Biden Bandwagon!!

I like Hillary Clinton a lot too but I think Joe Biden is a Straight Shooter + a Solid Choice for VP!!

;)) Peace*

Anonymous said...

This is the same guy who referred to Obama as the only mainstream African-American who is clean and articulate. He voted for the war and he's an insider. These are things that people (Obama included) attacked Hillary for and he turns around picks someone with similar qualities (and a plagarist no less..not mention the first introduction of his wife to the nation involves comments about her looks before he gets to the part about her multiple graduate degrees) to be his running mate. I don't hate Joe Biden (despite his comments about Indians and 7-11 stores), but this looks more like poltics as usual.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online