Monday, August 25, 2008

One Nation (Two Worlds)


Welcome to the Democratic National Convention week. I hope you're ready for all that is about to come your way. News, information, blather, slander, gossip, lies, hope and more. It's pretty much the best week of the summer. (And of course for me personally, it's the busiest.)

The Party's theme for this convention: One Nation.

Hmmm.. I think I just stumbled. One nation is a great idea, but let's not forget that there are stark differences between people here. The One Nation theme seems good in that "I have a dream..." sort of way, but falls into the same trap of forgetting the real nitty-gritty that needs to get done. I'm all for having dreams and hopes and themes, but let's make sure there's substance.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online