Monday, August 18, 2008

SG at the Movies: Star Wars: Clone Wars was a SNOOZEFEST


Quite literally. And I'm willing to give it the benefit of some doubt because I was exhausted from painting in our new house, but honestly, I was so intrigued by the popcorn that I could have lasted the hour and a half it took to watch the movie. But it was so godawful, I couldn't help it.

First of all, the voices were all weird. To quote Stewie Griffin, it was like the "wrong sounding Muppets," took over. None of the actors who portrayed the characters in the live action films were there for this one, making the voices only slightly similar, but different. That was more annoying than had they just changed the voices altogether.

Second, the plot was horrible. Yes, we know the Clone Wars were an important event in the rise of Annikin as a Jedi, but can't we throw a little excitement in there? Somewhere?

Third, the animation was bad. I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but it was too Anime and not enough action.

All in all, I'm glad I got a short nap (I fell asleep in the last twenty minutes), because that is about all I got out of this film.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning on this, though I'm probably gonna end up seeing it anyway, just like I went to see all three of those crappy "prequels." I don't know about you, but the best moviegoing experience I ever had was when I was ten years old or so, and my family went downtown to see the original Star Wars--so, it seems, I'll see through an amazing amount of garbage in honor of that experience.

Kim said...

I knew it was going to suck, but I went anyhow, mostly for the popcorn. I didn't think it'd be that bad. I actually liked the ewok movie (I forget the title). But then again, I adore those little teddy bears.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online